Saturday, October 27, 2012

savory chicken

I had a midnight mini-marathon of one of my favorite cooking shows..."The Chew." Michael Symon made Chicken Paillard in under five minutes. It looked so good I had to have it..at 2 am I started defrosting the chicken ..around 3am I all ready to cook and I check the fridge and pantry... bacon? no.. onions? all out.. chili flakes? nope..can I make Chicken Paillard..nooo.. I did have the sour cream..and some garlic.. it sounded good. I got the pan nice and hot..threw in the butter.. then the chicken..great sizzle sound! perfect. Sear the chicken both sides (added in minced garlic, paprika, salt, and pepper)  till nice and caramelized.  Deglaze the pan with a tiny bit of water.. take the pan from the stove top to the oven.. LOVE my pans! they make me feel all chef like.. after chicken cooked all the way thru I took it out..deglazed the pan again..this time with a spoonful of sour cream..and drizzled the sauce over the chicken. done!  
Best. chicken. ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment