Friday, April 11, 2014

April 2014 - Dottiebox Review!

I am so excited to receive my first subscription box! I love the concept of Dottiebox because the items are handmade from independent artists. I shop online for gift giving and home decor mainly from Etsy so I was so thrilled to explore what was in this box! 
The box was small enough to fit into my mailbox and arrived sooner than I expected.  Being an artist/graphic designer myself, presentation is everything to me! The box has their professional logo plus two pieces of cute washi tape...who doesn't love washi tape? :)

The box was neatly packaged in bright teal tissue and cute dotted logo sticker. 
Lucy was almost as excited as I was to find out what was inside! 
I appreciated the detailed info card that lists everything in the box, where to get it, and prices.  Again..presentation is everything.. and rounded corners are tedious! : )  From the packaging, this tuck-in, and themed item selection, I can tell that a lot of time and thought went into this box! 
This month's theme was "April Showers" and there were scents galore!  Six items were packed in brown crinkle filler.  
Spring Rain 8oz Soy Candle - $10


The first item I pulled out was this tin candle from Second Star to the Right .  The scent is "Spring Rain" and is exactly the kind of scent I would select for myself!  Sort of like a jasmine scent crossed with a French linen scent..but unique indeed! I checked out their Etsy shop and they definitely have some whimsical scented candles ...buttered popcorn, maple pancakes, fruit loops...to name a few. The shop describes the Spring Rain candle as "an aquatic floral fragrance, it intertwines hints of fresh hyacinth, combined with nuances of jasmine, rose petals, and ylang."  The wick is wooden so it burns slowly and crackles! I have never burned a wooden wick candle before. I think this is a great price for a handmade candle and I have seen higher prices for smaller candles in boutique shops. 
I will definitely be stopping by their shop in the near future to try out some of their other candles! 

Home Sweet Home Hand Painted and Illustrated Print - $8

The next item that grabbed my attention was this hand painted print by Lindsee Jo Art . I recently started using ink and watercolors for my own illustrations and appreciate that this kind of art is being showcased in this Dottiebox! I checked out this Etsy shop and I really like her "I Love You a Bushel and a Peck" print! I am going to pair the print I received with a rustic frame and give as a housewarming gift.
2 Bubbles n Balmes Bath Bombs - $5.78

This is not something I would buy for myself so it is nice to be treated!  I received not one but two fragrant fizzy bath bombs from Bubbles n Balmes.  They are shrink wrapped inside the plastic bags, however one still cracked/crumbled. There is a disclaimer on their shop page that says one may crack or break during shipping and it will not affect the performance of the fizzy. They do not offer refunds or replacements on broken bombs. So...I think I will keep the in tact bomb for the jacussi and use the crumbled fizzy for some aromatherapy in the shower! Besides bath bombs, their shop sells milk soaps, lotions, body and lip butters. 
Just Add Honey Tea Co.  Pomegranate Pear Fruit Tea - $6.50

I am super excited about this selection for this month's Dottiebox! This tea by Just Add Honey smells AMAZING!!  I cannot wait to try it!  I love love love tea and when I clicked on their website I found out THEY have monthly tea subscription boxes..oh boy! :) For $20 a month you will receive three 1oz bags of loose leaf tea, honey from a small batch beekeeper, and a surprise! Did I mention I love honey in my tea as well?! annnnd...six and twelve month subscriptions receive a tea traveler cup with their first box..whoohoo!
The ingredients for this tea are: apple, rosehips, hibiscus, elderberries, ginger, pomegranate, pear, currants, and natural flavors.  This Just Add Honey Tea Co. box subscription would make a GREAT gift! 
Ebe and Ash Anchor Bracelet - $5

This is a cute anchor bracelet by Ebe and Ashe. This IS something I would usually buy for myself but, since I already own  a similar one in style and color, I will be gifting this to friend. I cannot find the Ebe and Ashe Etsy shop so perhaps it has closed or they have opened a new shop somewhere else. 
Besides the six items the Dottiebox,  a few shop coupons were included, which was nice..I will for sure be using those! Overall I really enjoyed my first Dottiebox experience and it was well worth the price!  I paid $20 for the box and $6 for shipping. I am impressed with the packaging, attention to detail, and admiration for independent artists. I look forward to seeing what May's Dottiebox brings!  If you would like to find out more about Dottiebox click here

*I was not compensated or asked to write this review and all opinions are my own. : ) 









No comments:

Post a Comment