Saturday, April 26, 2014

A Vintage Wedding

photo credit - jessicanadine.com

Last summer I was asked if I would help design a friend/family members wedding and of course I said yes!  The theme the bride had chosen was a vintage 1940's feel.  Both the bride and groom love to read so they requested that their be some influences of old books or book pages.  I created each table setting with a different vignette. I made table runners out of vintage book pages and then arranged lace on top. Then, I placed the different arrangements of flowers, their photos, silver teapots, vintage drawers, and milk glass vases on top of the lace. Their wedding theme and look was very similar to my own so it was so fun to get to decorate for this kind of wedding all over again!  
I brought in my own chalk painted sofa table and baskets/flowers from my house. The bride's mother found a vintage typewriter where we placed a typed letter to guests from the bride and groom! I had used the chalkboard at my own wedding as a menu but this time we used it as a welcome sign. I used a chalk bistro marker from Hobby Lobby to write the quote.
photo credit - jessicanadine.com

I printed vintage book pages and piano forte sheet music on packing paper that I cut to fit into my printer. Then I formed the papers into cones and stuffed them with white tissue for the popcorn buffet. Two vintage wooden coke bottle crates held the cones.  I love those crates! I found them at a junk store a few years ago...
photo credit - jessicanadine.com

This is one of the table settings.. The bride and groom had taken really cute engagement pictures wearing vintage clothes. You can see the book pages under the ruched lace. 
photo credit - jessicanadine.com

We reused the flowers in jars that were at the previous night's rehearsal dinner.  When I interviewed the bride she said she loved silver tea pots, lace, and pearls...
I designed the tags on photoshop and printed them on cardstock. The lace is actual vintage from my grandmother.  I did this similar combo for my own wedding except with pink lemonade and sage/pink tags. 
This chair is from my childhood bedroom..the pillow is handsewn by my grandmother and I..and the table is from her as well.. 
A few of their engagement pics I put into wire frames..
photo credit - jessicanadine.com

Another table arrangement.. I placed some candle holders, jars and flowers into a wooden box..
photo credit - jessicanadine.com

I designed the programs on photoshop, printed front and back separately, rounded the corners with a punch, glued the corners and sticks, and tied with satin ribbons.. The sticks were bought at Hobby Lobby...
photo credit - jessicanadine.com

I can't get enough of stripey straws and mason jars!!  I set the lemonade glass dispensers on different sized suitcases..
photo credit - jessicanadine.com

My favorite table setting!  I bought the little tin over the summer and was excited to get to use it! 
photo credit - jessicanadine.com

I used a bistro chalk marker from Hobby Lobby to write the quote with...
photo credit - jessicanadine.com

A few vintage wedding ideas... tie book pages with twine, wrap mason jars with burlap and lace, and use vintage looking frames for quotes or engagement pictures!
photo credit - jessicanadine.com

another table setting...lace.. lantern from my living room, milk glass vase, vintage book, pearls, framed engagement photo, and grandmothers tea cup! 
photo credit - jessicanadine.com

I love this wedding theme.. vintage..yet a little bit rustic because part of it was outdoors.. so it is so open ended to what I could create and add to..
photo credit - jessicanadine.com

I bought this stamp on Etsy to stamp the candy buffet bags..I found mini brown paper bags at Hobby Lobby...
photo credit - jessicanadine.com

photo credit - jessicanadine.com

photo credit - jessicanadine.com
photo credit - jessicanadine.com

I used regular dollar store frames and painted the glass with chalkboard paint...
photo credit - jessicanadine.com

The whole wedding came together so well! It really came to life at night when the porch was lit up and there was dancing. People were inside the house, on the porch, and mingling on the lawn...felt like Father of the Bride..
photo credit - jessicanadine.com

I used all of my own vases, cake stands, plates, and glasses. I made labels out of chalkboard tags...
photo credit - jessicanadine.com

So fun! I love event design!  Visit my other blog, The Pink I Do for photos from my French Country Shabby Chic wedding and for wedding decorating ideas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment