Monday, October 29, 2012

tonight's dinner

Braised short ribs! I've made the Pioneer Woman's tomato paste short ribs.. and they were delicious...now I'm trying my own version.. I coated the short ribs lightly with flour and then seared them on each side for 45 seconds in a few tablespoons of oil.  Tossed in some onions..cooked them a little bit..and added in some thyme, parsley, minced garlic,..then I added a bay leaf and deglazed the pan with red wine. Added in a little water..with salt and pepper. I then put the pan in the oven with a lid on it at 375 degees.. it's been going an hour and the meat is nicely separating from the bone...it's already so tender.. potatoes are boiling on the stove for mashed potatoes.. after the meat is done I'm going to take it out of the pan.. remove some of the liquid and add some sour cream to the pan to make a quick sauce! I started at around 10:30...I'd say our dinner will be done at..oh..um..past midnight! While I'm cooking I've got Julia and Jacques going on the tv... you can watch episodes here
http://www.hulu.com/julia-and-jacques-cooking-at-home

No comments:

Post a Comment