Sunday, February 3, 2013

Christmas 2012

I have about a hundred mason jars left over from my wedding...I saw these snow globes before Christmas that sold in a store for around $20.  What a neat idea to use up some of my mason jars I thought.  I bought the mini trees at Michaels and used Aleene's Tacky Glue to attach them to the lid. I sprinkled in some fake snow (I added in a gift card too!).  It was a pretty way to dress up a gift card and then the receiver gets to keep the snow globe! For next year, I'm going to add in some mini deer or snowmen.
Yarn trees!  I saw these as decoration at church on the coffee and end tables. This project took less than 10 min.! I bought paper cones from the craft store (you could use foam too) and then I started at the top with the yarn (Loops & Threads/Country Loom) and Aleene's Tacky Glue.  Glue, wrap, turn, glue, wrap, turn and your done! SO EASY! You could make them in a rainbow of colors for a classroom or choose the color yarn to fit your holiday theme! Also, I was thinking you could even wrap the cone with hemp or twine for a rustic look...or mix and match!  I had some left over trees from my mason jar project so I put them on the mantle.. and even used them on cupcakes! 
I decided to make my own Christmas cards this year... I have a ton of card stock and envelopes left over from  the wedding...I started looking at chalkboard art and typography on pinterest...I used fine point sharpies to draw the outline and script and then filled in details with reg. sharpies. 





"Deer in Headlights" hahaha!


It was a very crafty Christmas!  I hid the annual Elf on the Shelf... I actually have two elves...one is kinda naughty and one is just goofy.. They were my Nana's and I believe they are one of the first Elf on the Shelves to be produced.  I made some chevron silhouette art on photoshop for my aunt.  The frames are actually from the dollar store. I made gingerbread men for my pre-k class,  peppermint snowflake sugar cookies for my brothers, and came up with a tasty holiday drink: target stripey straw, frozen raspberries, fizzy apple cider, and mint leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment