Thursday, June 13, 2013

French Macarons



This was my second attempt at French macarons (macaroons)... my previous try was last summer..and the "macarons" turned out as brownish pink blobs.. this time they were sooo much better!! My brother in law begged me to make these kirby macarons featured on the youtube show..Nerdy Nummies.. I have to admit that show has some pretty cool stuff.. after my last attempt I was pretty apprehensive to try it again.. 
Ingredients:
3 Egg Whites

¼ cup white sugar
2 cups confectioners sugar 
1 cup almond flour 
Pinch of salt
Pink food coloring

Filling:
1 cup raspberries
3/4 cup confectioners sugar
1 stick of butter
You need room temperature eggs... use a bowl of warm water if they are not room temperature..  I skipped the photo of sifting the almond flour/conf. sugar.
Beating the egg whites...then adding plain sugar... for 8 min!!
I think I used a bit much.. NEON pink macarons!! I found this food coloring at Michael's craft store.
Beating the food coloring in..
Folding the conf. sugar in...a little bit at a time..
Use a cup to keep the pastry bag steady...
Nerdy Nummies tip:  use a hair tie/rubber band on the end of the pastry bag.. I don't know why I never thought of this before!! 
PINK polka dots!!
sneak peek!!
I baked them on parchment paper..and left them to cool for a while before filling them with homemade raspberry buttercream (another Nerdy Nummies tip:  She said to put the raspberries in the hand sifter...use a knife to press them through...that way the seeds don't get in the filling! it worked!!...raspberries, butter, conf. sugar.
SO CUTE!!
I'm so happy how they turned out!  I left a few plain to box up and give to friends..
For Jason  :) 



 Click on the video above to see specific instructions on how to make these kirby macarons! 


No comments:

Post a Comment