Wednesday, June 4, 2014

June 2014 ~ Popsugar Must Have Special Edition Summer Box!

It's here!! The Popsugar Must Have Special Edition Summer box has arrived as of this morning! I had been tracking the package for a few days now..it said this morning that it was out for delivery.  I never heard a knock or anything...I went out to check the mail and there sat the much anticipated Popsugar package plus my new Bonjour Jolie box! 
Isn't it just a bit nicer to unwrap something in delicate tissue with a sticker mantra just for you?! ; )

Tadaaaaa!!!  It was a bit heavier than the regular Popsugar box I received before. I saved the big brown box to open last!

SACHAJUAN Ocean Mist beach waves spray - $28 at Barney's/NY

I love beach waves in my hair and can't wait to try out this product from SACHAJUAN. I currently use Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray from Ulta that sells for $5.99.  It works well for me but I am excited to try something new! I will have to do a comparison of beach wave sprays this summer! 
Tarte Cheek Stain & Lipsurgence Power Pigment - $30? & $24

I had never heard of Tarte cosmetics till I saw the sneak peek for this box from Popsugar. The cheek stain has a screw on cap and then you push from the bottom of the container to release more.  It appears dark in the container but when I put it on it was much lighter and a bit shimmery.  Interesting..and certainly not as messy as a powdered blush can be.  I could not find the exact cheek stain on the Tarte website but their other cheek stains sell for around $30.  Next, is the Lipsurgence Power Pigment. You would twist the end of the tube to release more of the lip tint. I like the color, it is a dusty light shimmery pink. I will probably wear both of these this summer! 
I tried to guess what was inside..it was a bit heavy...I thought glass and I was right!  Inside the box was four City Rocks drinking glasses made by Sisters of Los Angeles.  All were in tact, none broken, and each had been wrapped in bubble wrap. 
City Rocks glasses - $45 approx.

These glasses were specially designed for Popsugar in honor of their four office locations. They arrived in bright summery colors and would be cute served on a white metal circular tray for an outdoor party.  Since they are specially made, there is no exact retail price for these. Similar glasses on the Sister's of Los Angeles website sell for $45.   
I do like that it says Popsugar on the bottom of the glasses : ) 

Eliunt Extra Virgin Olive Oil - $15 approx.

Honestly, I thought this was a hair product at first! It's not your typical olive oil bottle.  Eliunt sells olive oil from ten locations around the world!  The color of the band on the bottle represents what origin it is from which is pretty cool! There is also more info on the details and explanations of the packaging, cap, and color on their website. Mine is from the USA..I would have rather had another country but it will be fun to try it out anyways. I just finished my Oregon Olive Mill olive oil from A Kitchen Box yesterday and I have more homemade pizza recipes to try out this week..so this was a nice surprise...kind of random though.  
Soixante Neuf Jewels Vintage Inspired Horn Necklace - $155 (!!!)

I didn't know what to think when I pulled this out of the trinket pouch.  Interesting, unique, like the colors, would I wear it? ...not really....but apparently Kim Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens, and Ashley Tisdale did. Still Italian horn necklaces (origninally worn to ward off bad omens) are not my thing..nor my style. Soixante Neuf Jewelry does make some other really pretty neclaces, bracelets, earrings, and rings. 
Samudra Blue Tropics Pouch - $60

But I do love this tropical Live Love Aloha zippered bag!  It's made out of canvas and big enough to store sunglasses, a magazine, and a pair of flip flops! It was made exclusively for Popsugar by Samudra. Samudra sells bags, totes, t-shirts, and hats.
Here is the other side of the bag..which goes really well with my new Roxy swimwear! (pictured below)  I can use the tote to store my swimsuit in my suitcase on vacation.
This was not in the Popsugar box ..but the tropical print goes well with my new Samudra bag!  I purchased this one-piece online. Roxy does make a two piece version that I found at Macy's.  I don't know what is with this summer's swimsuits..but  I could not find anything I liked in the stores!  It's like the whole world thinks every woman should wear a bikini! I really like this Roxy Sunset Strip one piece ...it has cross straps that tie so the top can be higher or lower and it has slight ruching of the material in front. 

I am glad I ordered the Popsugar Must Have Special Edition Summer Box... They sold out fast and I think I ordered the second day it was posted.  I added up all the approx. retail values of the items and it ended up totaling over $300 dollars!  The box was a birthday present and cost $100, so I am glad to see the value of items exceeded the price of the box.

My regular Popsugar Must Have box will be arriving soon for June and I can't wait to see what summery things are inside!


*I was not compensated or asked to write this review and all opinions are my own. : ) 


3 comments:

  1. This is a nice box. I just did a review of the June 2014 POPSUGAR Must Have Box and LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked this box but I LOVED the June Popsugar Must Have Box... I think it was even better than the special edition summer box! : )

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete