Monday, June 2, 2014

May 2014 - Dottiebox Review!

This is my second Dottiebox and still can't get over the attention to detail each item has!  I love the packaging, the crinkled paper stuffing, and the attention on handmade items from independent artists/crafters! 
This type of card insert comes in every box and I usually save it to read after I unbox the items so I don't spoil the surprise! 
What's this? A cute little package with a dainty tied ribbon for me? 
Thankfully I read the insert in this tiny box before I popped one of these "bon bons" in my mouth.. I mean they look just like chocolate, right? They are actually Birds and Butterflies seed truffles made of clay with seeds mixed in for planting by Garden Bon Bons!  I am terrible at growing and/or keeping plants alive... I've already let go of 20 pre-k kids' non growing potato plants, one dried up chia plant, and quite possible our class squash plant this year!  So when I opened this, as cute as it is, someone will take better care of these truffles than me!  I gifted it to my work secret sister and paired it with a couple of cute pots and a garden flag.  I think these bon bons make an adorable gift for someone with a green thumb! 
Next was mineral makeup eye shadow by Beauty Bar Baby.  I haven't tried this yet but it is a brown shimmery color and  I do wear brown shimmery eye shadow often!  The Beauty Bar Baby Etsy shop not only sells eye mineral makeup, but blush, eyeliner, lip color and more!
Lucy wants a makeover...sheesh ..she thinks everything's for her! 
This box had not one but two jewelry items! These are purple beaded earrings by Pagan Cellar Jewelry. I already have a pair almost exactly like them so I gifted them to a friend and she loved them!  It is always a treat to receive handmade jewelry!  
I was super excited about the last item! It is an Esther & Mila gold feather bracelet!  I rarely find bracelets to fit my small wrists and this one fits perfectly..plus the shop sells matching earrings!

I am already excited about my June Dottiebox.. the June vendors are posted and it looks like I will possibly be receiving hair bands, nail polish, soap, and jewelry! If you would like to find out more about Dottiebox click here! 

*I was not compensated or asked to write this review and all opinions are my own. : ) 


No comments:

Post a Comment