Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Summertime Grillin'

I am so excited about my new toy..a grill! A grill? whaat? That's a manly gift.. well no..not if you've stored up hoards of Pinterest recipes labeled in a pinboard called TO GRILL and have yet TO GRILL! When I was a little girl, my favorite toy was my kitchen set. I would play with it for hours lining up the little food cartons in the built in shelves and pretending to make soups and sorts on the plastic pretend stove.  As I stood there yesterday in the 90 degree heat, face burning, swatting pesky flies, I thought to myself ...hey this is like a grown up kitchen set! And honestly the grill I have now is not that much bigger than my kitchen set from long ago.  I'm really enjoying it though and it is a Cha-Broil TRU-Infared Grill which means I'm not burning my hands over an open flame. The food cooks extremely fast and it has a temperature gauge on it.   So here is the first recipe I tried...

Grilled Crazy Corn

I boiled the corn first because I didn't know how this new grill would work out..Then I buttered the cobs and placed them on the rack.  I sprinkled the cobs with McCormick's Cajun Seasoning and a  little bit of salt and pepper.  I kept them on the grill till they started to brown a little.  In a dish, I rolled them in more butter (some people like to use mayonnaise..but my husband hates mayonnaise), and some parsley.  I squeezed a drizzle of lime over top and sprinkled on some crumbled Mexican queso fresco cheese.  This crazy corn was CRAZY GOOD!! So good..we've had it for the past three nights.. my brother in-law now is requesting it!  The first night I made it, we ate it with some nice ribeye steaks and turkey burgers. 
Yesterday I tried another recipe. I saw this recipe where they used a jar of Marzetti's Honey Dijon salad dressing to marinate the chicken and fresh basil.  I did not have either of those and while I was at Target I looked for the dressing which they did not have nor did they have anything like it. I did not want to make three more trips searching for this dressing, which one day I hope to try, so I grabbed a bottle of Ken's Honey Mustard Sauce.  I knew I had a bottle of Balsamic Basil Vinaigrette by Willamette Valley Mustards at home that came in my Taste Trunk which contained BASIL by golly so I figured it would be a close enough match. 

Sweet Honey Dijon Grilled Chicken

 I mixed a cup of the balsamic basil vinaigrette with about four tablespoons of the honey mustard and then added in two tablespoons of Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard. I coated four boneless/skinless chicken breasts with the mixture and let it marinate for a couple of hours.  I grilled the chicken until it was white in the center and it had the most perfect grill marks...The chicken was SO juicy, sweet, and zesty all at the same time! I served it with rice pilaf and some more crazy corn..of course! 
Here it is! My husband snuck into my craft supplies and wrapped the grill in my most favorite chevron burlap ribbon.. wasn't that cute? I like how he tied the bow : )  I hope those recipes gave you some inspiration and motivation to get those TO GRILL pins accomplished this summer! I look forward to bringing you more grillin' recipes in the weeks ahead! 


No comments:

Post a Comment